This page gives further details regarding the use and support of MDI2PDF. Here, you will find answers to some of your questions. If, however, you require any further assitance, you can contact our Customer Support Centre (details at bottom of page).
The Command-line parameters allow experienced users to exploit the power of MDI2PDF. This command-line facility also allows programmers to use the functionality of MDI2PDF Converter in their own applications.
app.exe pdf:<path to source MDI file> - allows one to convert MDI to PDF "on the fly," and then open the output file with the associated application.
app.exe export:<path to source MDI file> [path to output PDF file] - if only a source file is specifed, a pop-up dialog box gives the user an opportunity to select an output file format (JPEG or PDF). If, however, the user specifies the output file in the command line, then the program automatically converts the MDI file to PDF without any additional prompting.
- Is it possible to use MDI2PDF in commercial projects?
- Yes, as long as you have purchased any of the commercial editions.
- Is it possible to use the LIGHT or PRO or ULTRA licence key on different computers if the licence has not been issued for it?
- No, using the licence key on more than one computer is not possible with these editions. Only the CORP edition allows you to copy the program onto more than one machine. For all other licencse, the package is bound to a specific computer.
- I have changed computers, and my licence key is no longer valid. What can I do about it?
- You need to contact the Customer Support Centre, and supply the e-mail address that you used when you purchased MDI2PDF. Each user is permitted 2 transfers for brand new computers, and 3 transfers for upgraded computers. An operator at the Customer Support Centre will check the system configuration, and will determine whether or not a new licence is required for the new computer.
- Why am I required to send the machine code number?
- The machine code number is required for the generation of a licence key. The licence key binds your copy of MDI2PDF, and thereby prevents software piracy.
If this information does not answer your question, please contact our Customer Support Center by sending a email to:
Got a sales question or need some technical help with your product? Speak to one of our live support staff now.